The exact origin of Wrestling Star is unknown, but at some point he was recruited as a student into the H.I.V.E. Academy. Cyborg later infiltrated the institute to discern the latest plans of its then-current headmaster, Brother Blood. In the wake of the resulting conflict the academy was destroyed, and most of its students, including Wrestling Star, went freelance.
At some later point of time, Wrestling Star was recruited into the Brotherhood of Evil. He was not seen ambushing any Titan. When the Titans mounted a final assault on the Brotherhood's base, Wrestling Star ended up fighting Pantha. She soundly defeated him and, according to the rules of lucha libre, removed his mask before Wrestling Star was carried off by Kid Flash and flash-frozen along with the majority of the assembled villains.
Powers and Abilities
Wrestling Star's powers consist solely of superhuman strength and resilience. His fighting style when fighting Pantha implies that he at least has some skill in wrestling.
Teen Titans Go!
Click here to view the gallery.
- In the Teen Titans series, this character is never named, nor does he possess any speaking lines or credits. The name featured here is conjectural and solely based on his costume, which bears a star on his chest, and his confrontation with Pantha in "Titans Together".
- Wrestling Star was one of the few H.I.V.E. Academy students that wasn't a part of the H.I.V.E. Five at some point.
- Even though no one wrote him down as voicing him, he has grunted a couple of times, while he was fighting Pantha.
- His costume, implied wrestling skills, wrestler theme, and supervillain name suggest that he was at one point a wrestler prior to becoming a supervillain.
- Due to his costume being designed similarly to a lucha-libre wrestler, he may also be Hispanic or he may simply like Hispanic culture.
- When she defeats him, Pantha pulls off his mask and he quickly covers his face, which is what many masked wrestlers do when it is removed.