The White Monster is a hostile entity - possibly an android - appearing at the end of the Teen Titans series.
The White Monster appeared under mysterious circumstances at a new construction site in Jump City, where it attacked the Titans right after they had returned from their conflict with the Brotherhood of Evil. In the midst of the fray, Beast Boy spotted a young girl who had an uncanny resemblance to their lost friend Terra and decided to chase her down and find out whether she truly was Terra; this left the Titans short-handed against the Monster. After chasing it all over the city, they cornered it in a recycling plant, but it was too powerful for the four Titans to defeat on their own, so they called Beast Boy for help. The eventual defeat of the monster, while implied, was not shown, and its subsequent fate remains unknown.
Powers and abilities
The White Monster has the ability to adapt its body structure to the properties of any material it comes in contact with. In its premiere episode, it has demonstrated the ability to adapt the properties of wet concrete, steel, oil, brick, stone, water, and molten metal. Once fully assimilated, it could merge with the material (in the process making itself effectively invisible), adopt its natural resilience to physical damage, and project it (if liquid or energy) from its body for offensive purposes. In addition, in its natural form the Monster possesses superhuman strength.
- The Monster could have been inspired by the DC comics character Amazo.
- Its powers are similar to those of the Marvel Comics villain Absorbing Man.
- In a script written by Liam Swan, it is called the abomination.
- The Monster has similar powers and abilities to "Kevin Levin," a character from "Ben 10 Alien Force," and "Ben 10 Ultimate Alien," who is voiced by Greg Cipes, who also voiced Beast Boy .
- Many fans believe that this monster is actually Terra, and she is trying to find a cure to restore her back to normal.