The theme song for the Teen Titans series is the song that is sung at the beginning of every episode. It was written by Andy Sturmer and composed by Japanese performers Ami Onuki and Yumi Yoshimura (also known under the alias Puffy AmiYumi). Onuki and Yoshimura are famous within Japanese anime circles and the track "Teen Titans Go!" was released on their 2003 album NICE. Another song, K2G, was also released in the album and is featured in the episode "Mad Mod".
The song has been released both in its original Japanese as well as an English translation, both of which have been featured on alternating episodes of the Teen Titans. It is interesting to note that episodes in which the theme is sung in Japanese are intended to be comedic and funny (with the exception of the episodes “Winner Take All”, "Deep Six" and "Nevermore"), while the ones sung in English are intended to have a more serious tone. The Japanese version of the theme song has actually been translated and used in the movie Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo. See Alternate Version below for details.
When there's trouble, you know who to call
From their tower, they can see it all
When there's evil on the attack,
You can rest knowing they got your back 'cause when the world needs heroes on patrol
Teen Titans GO!
With their superpowers they unite
Never met a villain that they liked
They've got the bad guys on the run
They never stop ‘till the job is done
'cause when the world is losin' all control
Teen Titans GO!
One, two, three, four, GO!
Another version of the song was sung in Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo during the time when Beast Boy sings karaoke and during the end credits, where the whole team sings it. This version of the theme song is the translated version of the Japanese Teen Titans theme song which appears in episodes that are supposed to be comedic and funny — hence the funny and strange lyrics.
Trouble in Tokyo Lyrics
Beast Boy: I will obey the traffic rules
Robin: I will eat everything without likes or dislikes
Starfire: Earthquakes, lightning, fire, Dad
Grammar, Math, Science, Social Studies
There is nothing I am afraid of
TEEN TITANS, GO!
Cyborg: Holler, holler, holler, holler, holler, holler, holler my name!
Half of your troubles will be gone!
Raven: Papa's schedule control
Mama's weight control
Wishes are endless
Teen Titans, go.
Beast Boy: 1, 2, 3, 4, GO!!!!
All: TEEN TITANS!
Beast Boy: Good night, Tokyo!
Japanese Romanized Lyrics
In Fractured, Larry sings the Japanese intro.
- Kyou mo kotsu ruuru mamoru yo, Teen Titans!
- Suki kirai naku nandemo taberu yo, Teen Titans!
- Jishin kaminari kaji oyaji, kokugo sansuu rika shakai
- kowai mono wa nani mo nai, Teen Titans Go!
- Ookina koe de yonde okureyo, Teen Titans!
- Onayami hanbun kaiketsu shichau yo, Teen Titans!
- PAPA no sukejuuru kontorooru
- MAMA no taijuu kontorooru, negau no wa hateshinai
- Teen Titans Go! Teen Titans Go!
Click here to view the gallery.
- Although the theme song states that the Titans never met a villain that they liked, the Titans liked Terra, who is a villain (starting from "Titan Rising" secretly for Slade). This is possibly because Terra started as a heroine. The Titans also liked Blackfire initially. Kid Flash also liked Jinx (though technically he was an honorary titan).