- No one can escape the Pantha's claw!
- ―Pantha, before using her scorching claws[src]
Pantha is a professional wrestler and superheroine, and an Honorary Teen Titan.
Pantha hails from Mexico and makes her living as a professional lucha libre wrestler. Thanks to her superhuman strength, she easily wins any match against normal people and thus has become quite popular in the wrestling scene.
Pantha was first contacted by the Teen Titans when Cyborg visited her in the middle of a match to pass her a Titans Communicator, thereby also informing her about the kidnapping of Wildebeest by the Brotherhood of Evil. However, the distribution of the com devices was exactly what the Brain had intended, so the Honorary Titans around the world could be tracked down and eliminated. Shortly after receiving her communicator, Pantha was indeed attacked by both Atlas and Adonis, but despite her opponents' considerable strength, she defeated them both and escaped to a secret emergency shelter, where she teamed up with Beast Boy, Más, the Herald and Jericho to engage the Brotherhood.
After the capture and possession of Wildebeest, Pantha and her teammates managed to infiltrate the Brotherhood's headquarters, but were soon attacked by the villains inside. Pantha held her own until she was taken down by I.N.S.T.I.G.A.T.O.R. and Steamroller, but when Titan reinforcements arrived, she joined the battle once again, defeating Wrestling Star in the process. Afterwards, she joined the other Titans first in Titans Tower and later in the recapture of Doctor Light.
Powers and abilities
- I am strong!
Pantha is endowed with superhuman strength, endurance and resilience. She seems to possess enough strength to defeat Cinderblock. Her skills and experience in lucha libre wrestling, in combination with her powers, make her a formidable hand-to-hand combatant, shown outmatching several of the show's strongest fighters including Cyborg, Mammoth, Atlas, and Adonis. In addition, she is able to employ a painful heat touch which she dubs the Panther's Claw. As a more defensive skill, she maintains the ability to use her extensive hearing to track down enemies, as shown in "Titans Together", when she heard villains running down the Brotherhood base. Also in Titans Together, Pantha is shown to be able to perform body slams capable of conjuring small explosions, which she used against I.N.S.T.I.G.A.T.O.R. She also appears to have sharp claws/nails on her fingers which she may use in battle, though she is never seen using these.
- Pantha remains undefeated.
Pantha is a very prideful woman. She enjoys to win, and loves to hear her fans cheer her on. She is not arrogant like her fellow friend (or child) Wildebeest. She also seems to be very defensive of him. When she was fighting Cyborg, she wouldn't listen to anything he said, but as soon as he mentioned Wildebeest's grim fate, she snapped out of it.
New Teen Titans shorts
- "Kidz Korner 4 Kidz" (Cameo)
Teen Titans Go!
- In the DC mainstream comic line, Pantha is actually Wildebeest's adoptive mother. Here, they are merely described as good friends. Pantha in the comics was also a cat-human hybrid mutated by the Wildebeest society, whereas in the cartoon she has no physical cat attributes.
- She seems to be the only adult Teen Titan, though her age has never been confirmed.
- Although it hasn't been proven that she can speak Spanish, she seems to be able to understand Spanish perfectly as shown in "Titans Together", when she was the only one who knew what Más was saying.
- Freddy Rodriguez, who voiced Mas y Menos, was the original voice for Pantha, according to writer and story editor Rob Hoegee.