Overdrive is the ninth episode of the fourth season, and the 48th episode overall of the series.
As much as he enjoys life in general, Cyborg finds that his enthusiasm can hardly catch up with his daily schedule. His interest is aroused to a new computer processor chip called the Maximum-7, which he has delivered and inserted into his brain. The chip considerably boosts Cyborg's calculative and reflexive capabilities, enabling him not only to zoom through the day in any activity he pursues, but also to defeat Adonis all by himself as he gives the local beach visitors a hard time.However, the very next evening the Titans are called into town and face a serious challenge in the shape of Billy Numerous. In their first clash, Billy's power of self-duplication easily outmatches their respective powers, and even Cyborg's enhanced speed proves no good. Tired out after a futile chase, most of the Titans retreat into the Tower to catch some rest. Cyborg stays behind to continue the pursuit, but since he gathers that he needs to power up the Max-7 in order to catch Billy, he diverts energy to it from those areas which make up his human self, including his emotional capacities. But even so, he can't catch up with Numerous, who has decided to conduct a city-wide robbing spree, making it progressively harder for Cyborg to decide which Billy(s) to turn his attention to.
The next morning, the other Titans enter Ops to find Cyborg speaking and acting completely like a robot. The same night, Billy pulls off his greatest coup by stealing the city's Bay Bridge. When Cyborg attacks, the now one-sided orientation of his system's core programming causes the Max-7 to short out his cyber-systems - violently. In order to save his life, the Titans are forced to remove the chip, but when Cyborg asks how he should stop Billy without the Max-7, it is Beast Boy who offers him an alternative: Instead of trying it the fast way, maybe he should take a slow and easy approach.
In the Old Stadium, Billy and his clones gloat over his/their success and the accumulated loot when the Titans appear - but each of them multiplied twenty-fold in number. Billy wastes no time ordering an all-out attack, but the Titans prove strangely elusive, prompting him to create even more duplicates. But finally, he pushes his power too far; his last clone does not separate from him, and then all duplicates are forcibly reabsorbed into Billy's body, incapacitating him. And as it turns out, the additional Titans are not the real thing, but merely holograms created and controlled by Cyborg.
With his humanity and good spirits restored, Cyborg once again considers what to do with the rest of the day. After catching an angry glare from his friends, he announces that he has already made up his mind: catch up some sleep.
- In the Max-7 commercial, a reference to the S.T.A.R. Labs (Scientific and Technological Advanced Research Laboratories) is made, a facility featuring prominently in the DC comics and the Superman and Justice League animated series.
- It also is a nod towards the Flashes, (who reside in Capital City where S.T.A.R Labs is located), when underneath the 7 in Max-7, there is a lightning bolt and also when the commercial states, "it'll be there in a rush".
- After Adonis was defeated Cyborg said it's time for dinner even though it's around 7-8 o'clock A.M.
- A picture of Cyborg dancing with Jinx can be seen in Cyborg's room.
- Some of Billy Numerous's clones were riding an elephant that had a banner saying "Vote 4 Billy". This is a reference to the Republican Party's logo being an elephant.
- It is revealed that Beast Boy is talented at origami by making a paper hat and a turtle.
- Cyborg jokingly finishes Raven's incantation for her.
- Beast Boy: Dude! Cyborg is more ... cyborg-y than ever!
Starfire: Agreed. He now opens even larger cans of the butt-whoop.
- Beast Boy: You know, Cyborg had always chips for brains, but he's turning into the one thing I thought he could never be.
Raven: What's that?
Beast Boy: A robot.
- Cyborg: But...how am I supposed to beat Billy without the Max-7? I could barely keep up with him before.
Beast Boy: Maybe you don't need to keep up with him. I can turn into the biggest, strongest, fastest animals on Earth. But you know what, dude? Sometimes it's best to be a slow, tiny turtle.
Raven: That would have been a lot more profound without the hat.
- Billy Numerous: Well, butter my backside and call me a biscuit! Looks like somebody's done figured a way to duplicate my duplication powers.
- Billy #1: Hey, Billy! Look at this funny Mexican hat I stole!
Billy #2: Olé, Billy! You're a good man!
Billy #3: And a really good thief.
Billy #4: Not to mention one heck of a good lookin' feller', Billy!
Billy #5: Oh, Billy! Hahahaha -
Cyborg: Yo, Billy! Quit talkin' to yourself.
- Raven: Azarath Metrion...