Since Cyborg, Starfire and Beast Boy are protected from Trigon's powers thanks to the Ring of Azar, he refuses to expend more of his energy to destroy them and uses his powers to extract the evil sides out of each of them and pits them against each other, each against his or her own clone.
Nega Beast Boy matches Beast Boy form for form, but Beast Boy holds his own quite well. Shortly after, Nega Beast Boy taunts Beast Boy by reminding him of Terra's duplicity. Nega Beast Boy says that Beast Boy is weak, which was why Terra betrayed him. Beast Boy fights with even more vigor then before after this comment, with tears in his eyes.
Later, as the tide of the battle above ground starts to turn against the Teen Titans, they decide to switch combatants in hopes of regaining the advantage. Therefore, Cyborg fights against Nega Beast Boy and easily beats him by a punch. He then evaporate into wisps of red energy that return to Beast Boy.
Powers and abilities
- Shape-Shifting: Nega Beast Boy has the ability to shape-shift into any animal on Earth.
- Cobra: Used when first attacking his host.
- Owl: Used when chasing down his host.
- Wolf: Used against his host's form of a doberman.
- Woodpecker: Used against his host's form of an armadillo.
- Pteranodon: Used against his host's form of a hawk.
- Elephant: Used against his host's form of a bear.
- Python, Smilodon and Utahraptor: Used against his host's form of a gorilla.
- Tiger: Used against his host's form of a lion.
- Eagle: Used against host's form of a mouse.
- Spinosaurus: Used against his host's form of a Tyrannosaurus rex.
- Practical Immortality: Nega Beast Boy was able to go on, even after his host's numerous attacks and onslaughts. He was not defeated until he was attacked by Cyborg.
- All other abilities of Beast Boy: Since Nega Beast Boy is a practical clone of his host, he possesses all the other powers and abilities of Beast Boy.
- During the battle, Beast Boy turned into a Tyrannosaurus Rex and Nega Beast Boy turns into a Spinosaurus, and the resulting battle resembles a scene from the movie Jurassic Park III.
- Nega Beast Boy and the other evil duplicates of Cyborg and Starfire were not destroyed after they were defeated, but instead returned to their counterparts' body. This is because Nega Beast Boy was not a clone of Beast Boy, but rather the "bad side" of him that he always had inside himself.