Kid Flash is a superhero, an Honorary Titan, partner of Flash and is the romantic interest of Jinx.
Wally West was caught in a chemical explosion caused by a lightning strike. The electricity that infused with the potentially dangerous mix of chemicals radically altered Wally's body, giving him the ability to move and think at superhuman speeds. Subsequently, he became the young sidekick of The Flash and was dubbed with the moniker Kid Flash.
At some point, he left his mentor to become independent and make a name for himself, only to become one of the Teen Titans later on. He came to Jump City after the Titans East, following a period of filling in for the Titans, had been called back to their headquarters. He quickly came to blows with the H.I.V.E. Five, who couldn't at first apprehend him. However, Kid Flash took a close personal interest in their leader, Jinx.
He was captured, Jinx contacted Madame Rouge of the Brotherhood of Evil to present Kid Flash to her in order to win her respect and thus become a recognized villainess. But Kid Flash decided not to stick around for that and escaped, but not without first dismantling the H.I.V.E. Five's headquarters. Exasperated, Rouge went after him, Jinx did as well, desperate to prove her worth to Rouge. Rouge found him first and engaged Kid Flash in an ardorous chase; Kid Flash only barely managed to get away and hide in a warehouse, where he was found by Jinx. She disabled him and presented him to Madame Rouge as her prisoner, but Rouge struck her aside. Then Kid Flash was released by Jinx and she struck Madame Rouge, letting Kid Flash get away.
When the Brotherhood of Evil finally executed its plans to eliminate all young superheroes around the world, Kid Flash and Jinx were among the few who managed to elude capture. Soon afterwards they joined the Titans' final assault on the Brotherhood.
Teen Titans Go!
Kid Flash makes several appearances in the Teen Titans Go! comic series. He and Jinx have since formed a romantic relationship, but it occasionally falls on rocky times since Kid Flash still can't suppress his flirtatious nature. In issue #34 he participates in a racing competition against Más y Menos, but both loses the race because he flirts with Raven, Argent and other female Titans on the way and infuriates Jinx. In issue #36 Jinx is captured by the Gordanians, with Kid Flash helpless to stop them.
In issue #39, they are together, though their relationship is a bit strained at the time. When Kid Flash tries to apprehend Andre Le Blanc, he is hindered by Larry, who is on a match-making quest with Cupid's bow and arrows and inadvertently makes two pedestrians (one an elderly lady) and a meter maid fall in love with Kid Flash, unintentionally inciting Jinx's jealousy once more.
In issue #53, Kid Flash and Jinx have since moved to Keystone City where they continue to fight crime. After a cold encounter with one of Jinx's former boyfriends and his sister, she and Kid Flash share their first official kiss.
Because his super-speed literally allows him all the time he needs, Kid Flash is very laid-back. He likes to wise-crack and make snappy quips, and seems to be quick with making decisions as well. Perhaps due to his cocky nature, he sometimes finds himself going far too fast for himself, which can lead to mistakes. Despite this, Kid Flash has a kind heart that can see people for who they really are, which he displayed in his interactions with Jinx.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Speed: Perhaps the most obvious power that Kid Flash has in his arsenal, it allows him many interesting abilities. Some of the abilities Kid Flash has displayed are:
- Creating small tornadoes, which can lead to devastating effects.
- Vibration of his own body molecules to pass through solid objects, though he does not always seem to prefer gently passing through objects.
- Creating high frictions hot enough to cause burns, which comes useful at times whenever somebody gets a hold of him.
- At one point, Kid Flash caused a small earthquake of some sort due to high-velocity impacts with his hands supplemented by his speed.
- Superhuman Strength: While not physically the strongest superhero out there, Kid Flash is known to run through several walls within a building, and that takes quite a lot of strength to accomplish.
- Superhuman Endurance: Kid Flash can run at an undetermined amount of time and is very sturdy against punishment, as he has been shown crashing into a wall, electrocuted and receive blows while recovering rather quickly.
- Supercharged Brain Activity: Kid Flash's mental abilities are also hyper-accelerated, simple computations can be done at lightning speeds and can devise strategies and solutions to problems when fighting villains in no time at all.
An apparent drawback to Kid Flash's super-speed ability is that he needs to rest and consume plenty of food (most likely due to his super-fast metabolism), in order to maintain his superpower. Madame Rouge was likely aware of this downside, as she made it very clear to Jinx that Kid Flash should not be given food or drink while under capture.
- Kid Flash is voiced by Michael Rosenbaum, who was the voice of Wally West/Flash in the animated Justice League series. This lends more to the fact that this animated version of the character is none other than Wally West, the first and original Kid Flash.
- In the DC comics, Wally West gained his powers when he was accidentally exposed to a lightning blast under the same circumstances as his uncle. He eventually becomes the Flash after his uncle's untimely demise during the first Crisis.
- Kid Flash/Wally West is also currently one of the main characters in the new T.V. show "Young Justice."