This communicator first appeared in the episode "Deception." Students of the H.I.V.E. apparently received this tool as part of their acceptance, but must first go through "initiation", as Cyborg only gained one after his ritual of public humiliation, while undercover at the Academy.
This communicator is similar in design to the Titans Communicator, but it has distinct differences as well. This device is hexagonal shaped, has yellow and black colors, and is labeled with a capital "H" (all signatures of the H.I.V.E.).
This gadget was rarely actually used on screen, but its purposes are rather self-implied.
- Communication among H.I.V.E./H.I.V.E. Five members (via messaging and verbal communication)
- Possibly tracking H.I.V.E./H.I.V.E. Five members' locations
All students of the H.I.V.E. Academy had these communicators. Therefore, it can be assumed that all of these villains-in-training owned a H.I.V.E. Communicator at one point.
- Kyd Wykkyd
- Billy Numerous
- Private HIVE
- XL Terrestrial
- Rock, Paper, Scissors
It is likely that the administrative and defensive members of the H.I.V.E. Academy used analogous communicators as well.
- Cyborg (as Stone in an undercover mission at the H.I.V.E. Academy)
- Titans East. When the Titans East were brainwashed by Brother Blood, they used these communicators to speak with him.
- In the episode "Final Exam", the H.I.V.E. Academy graduates coordinated their strategy to each other through ear pieces, but for the rest of the series all H.I.V.E. students and H.I.V.E. Five members were always seen communicating long distance via H.I.V.E. communicators; no ear pieces were ever used by the H.I.V.E. again.
- Since the leadership of the H.I.V.E. Academy was altered in between the H.I.V.E.'s first and second appearances, it is possible that this could be an explanation as to why the forms and systems of communication were changed within the school.