(Editing a gallery)
(Editing a gallery)
|Line 149:||Line 149:|
Revision as of 17:29, 19 April 2018
Date with Destiny is the 19th episode of the Teen Titans series and the 6th episode of Season 2.
When Killer Moth threatens the city with his army of moths, Robin has no choice but to agree to his demand; He is forced to take his bratty and spoiled daughter Kitten to her junior prom much to Robin's dismay and Starfire's jealously.
The villain Killer Moth is about to unleash his latest scheme when his plans are spoiled by his daughter Kitten. Her boyfriend Fang has just dumped her, one day before her Junior Prom, and she forces her father into finding her another date. And who would be a more suitable choice for this task than Robin?
In the meantime, the Teen Titans are chasing a spider-headed jewel thief. Robin is the only one who can get close to him, but gets hit by a paralysis venom beam from his opponent. Cyborg, Raven, and Beast Boy continue the chase, while Starfire returns with Robin to Titans Tower for treatment. Right after Robin has recovered, he calls the others for a status report, only to find out that the Bay Bridge is being attacked by a horde of gigantic moths which can easily chew through steel. When Robin and Starfire prepare to help, Killer Moth calls them up and presents his list of demands - including the rather bizarre request to take Kitten to her Prom. Robin sees no other choice but to agree, much to Starfire's objection and jealousy. Following this, he calls up the others, briefing them on the situation and tasking them with tracking down Killer Moth through Kitten. Although he sends Starfire to aid them, she decides to attend the Prom as well to keep Kitten away from 'her' Robin.
While Cyborg, Beast Boy and Raven find Killer Moth's hidden lab in the cellar of Kitten's home and engage the villain in combat, Robin and Starfire arrive at the ship where the Prom is being celebrated. Kitten is quick in claiming Robin as her date, and Robin goes along with little joy and gritted teeth, while Starfire progressively boils white-hot with jealousy. When Robin receives the news that his friends have found Killer Moth, he dumps Kitten, who then reveals her part in Killer Moth's scheme and the control device for the moths. Robin's attempt to take the device from her is interrupted by Fang, who has caught wind of Kitten's new date; the two reconcile, but then Fang engages Robin in combat while Starfire takes out her anger on Kitten.
When Kitten's dress is smudged in the fight, she activates the device, releasing the moths from their cages, but the other Titans manages to prevent them from getting out of the cellar. Fang is finally knocked out by Robin, who destroys the control device; as a result, the moths revert to larva state. As Killer Moth, Kitten and Fang are taken to jail, Kitten swears revenge, but Robin couldn't care less; and after being nominated as King and Queen of the Prom, Robin and Starfire share their first romantic dance together.
- Written by:
- Rick Copp
- Directed by:
- Ciro Nieli
- Also featuring:
- This is the second episode focusing on Robin and Starfire's romantic feelings for each other.
- Starfire uses her eye blasts in this episode, even though she doesn't go through her transformation until the next episode.
- It's kind of odd for how Starfire would struggle in a mere catfight against the likes of Kitten, since Star is physically much stronger than any normal human girl on the planet.
- In the scene where Starefire screamed "WHAT" after Robin agreed to take Kitten to the dance, if you look closely Starfire is shown have have green nail polish on her toes.
Main article: Date with Destiny (Transcript)
- Killer Moth: Daddy's working, Kitten. Can't this wait until-
Kitten: No! He broke up with me! My stupid ex-boyfriend, Fang broke up with me! And now, I don't have a date for the prom! UGH! [breaks down crying on bed]
- Robin: What do you want?
Killer Moth: My demands are simple. The city will declare me ruler, the Teen Titans will surrender, and Robin - [suspenseful moment] - will ... take this lovely young lady to her junior prom.
Kitten: Hi, Robby-Poo!
[record scratching noise]
Robin: Erm ... what was that last part again?!
Starfire: Robin, who is this girl? And why does she call you 'poo'?
- Starfire: This....prom... is some manner of duel, yes? [removes her glove and uses it to slap Kitten on-screen] Robin eagerly accepts!
Robin: It's not a duel, Star. It's a date.
Starfire: [Gasps] He does NOT accept, do you hear?! Robin does NOT accept!!! [Robin quickly drags her] Robin: We're going to need a minute.
- Starfire: [eyes steaming] ODIUM! SCANDAL! ATROCITY! These demands must not be met!
- Kitten: Oh, Robby-poo!! I thought you'd NEVER ask!!!
- Kitten: Yoo hoo! Robby-poo! Your Kitten has arrived. Meeoooww!
Robin: Second thought, maybe I will need saving...
- Kitten: Now take my arm and lead me in. And would it kill you to smile?!
Robin: [grits his teeth into what is more a pained snarl than a smile] Maybe.
- Kitten: Ask me to dance!
Robin: I don't dance.
Kitten: Come on, Robby-Poo! You've never, ever danced before?
Robin: Tried it once. Didn't like it.
Kitten: Fine! Then I can have the whole city destroyed! - Or we can just skip straight to the kissing.
Robin: [sourly] Wanna dance?
- Beast Boy: [jumps up from shock] Yaooow!!
[The wall opens to reveal a secret passageway]
Raven: Well, that's not suspicious.
- Kitten: Kiss me!
Robin: Sorry, I don't like you that way. In a matter a fact, I just don't like you. [smirks]
- Fang: Get your hands off my girl!
Starfire: [blasts Fang] Keep your legs off my boy!
- Kitten: Oh, isn't it romantic? They're fighting over me!
Starfire: They are NOT fighting over you!
- Kitten: You ... ruined ... my ... DRESSSSSSSSS!!!!!
- Robin: Consider yourself dumped.
- Robin: (To the two frozen teenagers being wheeled away) Okay, well, sorry we pretty much ruined your prom.
Boy: Are you kidding? This was the best prom ever!
Girl: Even if I still can't move my legs!
Robin: Yeah, that'll wear off. (he and Starfire wave to them as they are being wheeled off)
DJ Announcer: (spotlights circle around them, and they get in their battle positions) And now the moment you've all been waiting for. The king and queen of this year's prom are...Robin and Starfire! (as the spotlights stop on them, much to their surprise)
Robin: I guess one more dance wouldn't kill me. (he then takes Starfire's hand and they go dance together)