Argent is a young super-heroine hailing from New Zealand and an Honorary Titan. She currently serves as a member of the Teen Titans North.
Argent is a superheroine hailing from New Zealand, whose heroic deeds were evidently well-known enough to be a recognized hero by the Teen Titans without having met them previously. Because of her superpowers, she was targeted by the Brotherhood of Evil for capture and elimination, and in order to ensure her safety and to connect the Titans around the globe, Robin instructed Starfire to give her a T-Communicator to contact the Titans if she ever met danger she could not handle.
Soon after having Starfire's help in fixing a breaking dam in her homeland, however, the Brain set his plans in motion, and Argent was attacked by General Immortus and his robot army. Outnumbered and surrounded, she was eventually subdued and taken prisoner. When Robin was captured, Argent was among the captured honorary Titans presented to him. Sometime later she was flash frozen as a victory trophy in the Brotherhood's headquarters. When Beast Boy and the remnants of the Titans conducted a massive assault on the base, Argent and the other captives were freed by Más y Menos and joined the fight; she subsequently defeated Johnny Rancid in the fray. After their victory, Argent join the other Titans in visiting Titans Tower and subsequently assisted them in recapturing Doctor Light.
In Teen Titans Go! #55 it is revealed that sometime after the Brotherhood’s defeat, Argent relocated to North America and joined the Titans North alongside Red Star, Kole, Gnarrk, Flamebird, and Mirage.
Argent is a young woman of roughly 18 years of age. She has a silver/light gray skin and spiked, black hair with red bangs. Her dress is black up until her waist, where she has a red skirt with black stripes. She also wears long, black sleeves and black boots with a bit of red coloring on the bottom. Argent has a small 'A' tattoo on her chest, and her eyes are red with black pupils.
Argent has been shown to be very quiet, calm, honorable, and very collected. She usually maintains a very calm yet serious demeanor, handling dangerous situations with little emotion or worry. She mostly keeps to herself making her somewhat of a loner and she can also be a little sarcastic with a somewhat dry sense of humor. Argent seems to be very goth or punk as black is her favorite color. Despite her usually introverted demeanor, she is not anti-social and is shown to be grateful if helped, even when she does not ask for it. Typical of a super-heroin, Argent also has a strong sense of justice, having helped many people in need several times.
Despite her cool exterior, she seems to have a bit of an insecure side. When approached by Starfire and questioned if she was Argent, Argent had to ask a couple of questions before seeing Starfire as a good guy. Once she realized Starfire was no threat and a fellow heroine, she seemed to be casual with her but also possessed a somewhat introverted attitude toward her, further showing her more loner attitude.
Despite her calm and serious disposition, Argent can be somewhat cocky when fighting opponents. She seems to put a fighting mode look on her face possibly to scare her opponents. When confronted by general Immortus, she assumed it would be easy to defeat him since he, at first, seemed alone. This could possibly show that Argent has a fair amount of pride in her powers and skills. It was only after Immortus’s soldiers appeared did she realized the true extent of the threat he posed.
When she is fighting she seems to be less calm and collected. However, really tries hard which pays off later on. She would also never surrender to a villain, preferring to fight till the end, outmatched or not. After fighting alongside the Titans against the Brotherhood of Evil, Argent seems to have warmed up to having teammates, having joined and moved in with the Titans North and forming close friendships with them.
Powers and Abilities
Argent's primary power is the generation and control of a form of crimson energy that she can release from her hands and then form into anything she wants, ranging from concentrated bolts of force to energy-hands or other item manifestations. She utilizes these abilities similar to the Green Lanterns from DC comics.
As a secondary power, Argent is capable of utilizing her ability to levitate and fly at high altitudes and speeds. During the flight, she has been shown to resist the damage of sudden change in air pressure and altitude.
Starfire was the first Teen Titan Argent met and befriended. Due to the Brotherhood of Evil targeting young heroes, Starfire was sent to warn Argent and give her a Titans Communicator. When they first met, Argent was a bit cautious about Starfire and briefly checked to make sure she could be trusted. After realizing she was a Teen Titan, Argent knew Starfire was no threat but seemed somewhat indifferent to her presence. Despite this, she gladly accepted Starfire’s help in fixing the broken dam and was grateful for her aid. After they finished securing the dam, Starfire handed Argent her Titans communicator (which Argent was fond of since black was her favorite color). When Argent was attacked by the Brotherhood, Starfire quickly came to her aid and was worried when she arrived to find her missing. The two later fought together against the Brotherhood in Paris and against Dr. Light. The two super-heroines both get along and work well together.
While little interaction was shown between them, Argent, like all honorary Titans, has been shown to respect Robin. Robin also seems to hold her, like the other young heroes targeted by the Brotherhood of Evil, in high regard as he sent Starfire to both recruit her as an honorary member of the team and to warn her about the threat the Brotherhood posed to her safety. When Argent was outnumbered and losing her fight to General Immortus’s army, she immediately contacted Robin for assistance, which he sent without hesitation. When Robin was brought before the Brain in defeat he was shocked and horrified to have seen so many young heroes taken prisoner, Argent being among them. When she was freed with the other honorary members and did battle with the Brotherhood in their secret lair, she, like the others followed Robin’s lead. Even after joining the Titans North, Argent is still shown to respect Robin and vice versa.
Brotherhood of Evil
After their encounter with the Teen Titans the Brotherhood of Evil started targeting young heroes whom they deemed a threat, Argent being among them. When the Brain began his plan to capture the Teen Titans and their honorary members, he sent General Immortus and a legion of the Brotherhood’s robot soldiers to capture Argent. Though Argent was initially surprised by his sudden appearance, she was confident she could take him alone. This changed when his army appeared to support him; she then realized she was outnumbered and match and quickly called the Titans for assistance. Though she put up a good fight against Immortus and his soldiers, Argent was eventually overpowered, knocked out, and taken prisoner by Immortus and his army. Sometime later, she along with all the other captured Titans were flash frozen as trophies in the Brotherhood’s secret base in Paris. When they were all greed by Mas y Menos, Argent immediately jumped into battle against the Brotherhood’s forces, determined to get pay back on them. Like the other Titans she celebrated their defeat.
Sometime after the Brotherhood of Evil’s defeat, Argent joined Red Star, Kole, Gnarrk, Mirage, and Flamebird, as members of Titans North. While usually introverted, Argent seems to get along well with her new teammates and forming close friendships with them. Together they fight alongside against serious threats.
New Teen Titans shorts
- "Kidz Korner 4 Kidz" (Cameo)
Teen Titans Go!
Click here to view the gallery.
- In the DC mainstream comics, Argent's powers and appearance are derived from her half-alien heritage. She was originally created to help the aliens defeat the super-powered beings on Earth, but rebelled and became a heroine instead. She is part of Titans North. In the comics, her energy constructs are silver rather than red. This may be due to the fact that Argent means silver in French.
- Argent's powers of energy, flight, and constructs are similar to that of Green Lantern.
- In one animation error, her powers are yellow-orange.
- She was very good friends with Hot Spot in the original DC Comics. In the Teen Titans series, their friendship is not focused on.
- Argent is fond of the color black. Black is also the national color of New Zealand.
- Despite originating from New Zealand, her accent in the Teen Titans series is inaccurate and more British. Although New Zealand is a UK Commonwealth country like Australia.
- Just before General Immortus attacked her, she is shown putting large brackets into the broken dam with her powers. When she finished this, the brackets were not made of her energy, but rather metal. This could mean that she can use her powers in a telekinetic way to pick things up, or her energy can materialize into other substances when she's done with it.
- Argent features in the Teen Titans Go! comic series — most notably in issue #34, "The Great Race", and issue #41, "Girl Trouble". In these episodes, she is shown operating in the United Kingdom.
- Her attire and appearance relate to Marvel Comics' character Nico Minoru from their award-winning series "The Runaways".
- In "Stupid Cupid", when Larry draws other characters to each other Argent gets paired with Wildebeest, even though the two had never even seen each other except possibly while battling the Brotherhood of Evil in Paris.
- Argent has much in common with Raven, having introverted attitudes and similarly sarcastic and dry senses of humor as well as both having the ability to fly. They also have rather dark themed outfits as well.